Bittersweet or semisweet chocolate - 5 oz
Brewed coffee or instant coffee - 1 tbsp
All purpose flour - 2-1/4 cup
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 2.5 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Butter, unsalted - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1-1/4 cup
Egg - 3 large
Vanilla extract - 1.5 tsp
Sour cream or plain yogurt - 1/3 cup
Milk, cold - 1/2
- Pre-heat oven at 350 F (180 C).
- Grease a regular loaf pan
- Melt chocolate with coffee using double boiler method. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place it on boiling water. Once the chocolate is melted, keep it aside to cool down.
- In a separate bowl whisk ingredients under dry mixture.
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients under liquid mixture. First beat the butter followed by other ingredients in order. add eggs one at a time.
- Next add the dry mixture and milk alternatively to the liquid mix.
- Take out half of the mixed batter in a separate bowl.
- Add melted chocolate mix to the remaining batter and mix.
- Putting it together
- Pour vanilla and chocolate batter alternatively in the greased pan.
- In the end gently draw swirls using a knife or skewer. Do not over mix it.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely on a wire rack
- Slice and serve !!
Recipe source: http://www.joyofbaking.com