Besan - 1 cup
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Lemon juice - to taste
Sesame seeds (toasted)- 2 tbsp
Cilantro leaves - 1 cup, chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Heeng - pinch
Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
Peanuts, roasted - 1/4 cup
- Coarsely grind roasted peanuts. Mix all the ingredients and make thick paste. The batter should not be very thin.
- Pour the batter into the greased microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes. The mixture is cooked if the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- After the cooked mixture is cooled, release it on a empty plate.
- Cut in to small squares.
- Shallow fry or deep fry in cooking oil of choice.
- Serve warm vadi with ketchup or green chutney.