Nutritious Mango Lassi [Mango-Yogurt Drink] and Awards

Mango Lassi is a very popular yogurt based drink in India. It is mostly enjoyed in hot months of May,June and July.

Adding Walnuts to lassi makes it more nutritious. Walnuts are good source of alpha-linolenic acid [ALA], an essential omega-3 fatty acid.

Mango is an excellent source of vitamin A and C. Helps in developing immune system, vision and bone growth





Ingredients:


Mango - choose ripe mangoes or store bought mango pulp
Yogurt
Walnuts
Honey or table sugar or brown sugar
Rose water - few drops to get the fragrance
Water - to adjust consistency

Method:


Combine 3 parts yogurt and 1 part mango pulp and rest of the ingredients and blend them in a mixer. Adjust for sweetness and consistency and its ready to be served. Generally, it is served chilled with crushed ice. Enjoy !!!

Read more about Mango and Walnut



YAY......AWARD TIME


Dear friends, I am so honored to receive three awards in the past week.....I am sooo thankful to my blog buddies for showering their love and confidence in me. I will post each award with my upcoming poss in the order of receipt.

In today's post I would like to thank Sailaja for sending me the Honest Scrap Award!!


Requirements:
I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it.
I must list 10 honest things about myself.
I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links.
I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.

Here are 10 honest confessions :))
  1. I love to eat
  2. I like surfing net
  3. I am little lazy when it comes to working out :(
  4. I don't like nosey people
  5. When I am stressed I bake
  6. I love watching Hindi movies directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee
  7. I enjoy doing yoga
  8. I love my Father
  9. I like to be a student
  10. I like experimenting with computer
Here is the list of honest bloggers:

Sharmilee
Sandhna and Muskaan
Priya
Vrinda
Srikar
Smitha
Hari Chandana

You deserve this award!!

Comments

Hari Chandana P said…
Thanks for thinking about me.. You made my day dear!!
Sanghi said…
Wow.. my favourite lassi..! Congrats on the award dear.. Do pick ur award from my blog..!
Priya Suresh said…
Wow renu..such a gorgeous lassi..Looks fabulous,congrats on ur award, thanks for sharing with me..
Unknown said…
Oh wow yummy looking lasi...still are u getting mangoes in ur place...I am feeling jealous ;) Thanks so much for the award will soon pick it up and link!
Unknown said…
wow.. looks really yummy & delicious.. great click.. thxs for thinking about me.. thxs a lot..
Priya Suresh said…
Pls collect ur awards from my blog Renu..
adding walnut is a nice idea..shall try next time..
Parita said…
I too bake when i am stressed :)
Congratulations on your award dear :)
Ann said…
My fav drink..love the color too. Congrats on your award.
nice to know about u.....
Purva Desai said…
This looks yummilicious and very eye catching colour....congrats for the well deserved award
Srivalli said…
wow..pretty glass of lassi
lubnakarim06 said…
Wow....love the addition of walnuts.....
Parita said…
Hi Renu, thanks for your lovely comments dear, about my blog, there are lots of 3 column templates available for free online, you can use any which you like, also you will not loose any of your old comments or widgets, follow this article http://www.techieblogger.com/2008/07/how-to-change-blogger-template-without-deleting-widgets.html, hope this helps :)
Unknown said…
Thanks for the Award & reminding us Renu, we have already posted it..come take a look..in between, mango lassi is my fav..
Recipeswap said…
Thats a refreshing drink.Congrats on ur award.