Whole flour - 1cup
Water - 1/2 cup [depends]
Oil to deep fry [the pan should have at least 2 inches of oil]
- Gradually add water to the whole wheat flour and mix it nicely with hands to form a firm dough
- Cover the dough with moist cloth or just a lid and let it sit for 30 min
- Divide the dough into small balls of equal size
- Sprinkle some flour on the rolling pan and roll the small dough balls into circles
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Check the temperature of oil by dropping a small piece of dough. If the dough floats, then oil is ready for deep frying.
- Very carefully place the rolled circles [puri] in the hot oil.
- Gently press the puris with the skimmer, the puris will pop
- Turn the popped puri to cook the other half
- Take out the puri from the oil when it appears slight brownish on both sides
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel
- Serve it with allo ki sabzi or curd or pickle or anything you want !
- Make sure oil is quite hot before you place the puri for frying, otherwise the Puri will not pop!