Cooked rice - 2 cups
Tomatoes - 2 medium size
Onion - 1 medium size
Ginger - 1-2 inch, finely chopped
Green chili - 1 long, chopped
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tbsp
Kashmiri mirch , paprika - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Cilantro leaves - 2 sprigs
Mint - few chopeed leves
Cashew - optional.
Cloves - 2
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Urad daal - 1/2 tsp
Chana daal - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon stick or powder - 1/4 tsp powder or 1 stick
Oil to cook
- Heat oil in large wok or kadai and add tadka miz=x one by one. At this time also add cashew if you want to
- Soon add the ginger paste and chopped green chili followed by chopped onion. Cook onions till they turn pinkish and glossy
- Add turmeric, corriander powder followed by chopped tomatoes. Cook the entire mix till tomatoes are mushy.
- Gently add cooked rice and salt and cover the lid. Cook on very low heat so that the spice mix is absorbed by the rice.
- In between gently turn the rice and check for salt.
- Once the spice is infused in the rice, finish off cooking at high heat to reduce the excessive moisture built by covering the wok.
- I love to pair this rice with Andhra style spicy beans