Quinoa -rice - 1.5 cups, soaked and washed several times
Mixed veggie - 1.25 cups
Chopped onions - 1 small
Diced potatoes - 1 medium
Salt - to taste
Biryani masala - store bought , 2 tsp
- Prepare quinoa with 2 cups of water. Pressure cook on high till one whistle and open the lid once the pressure settles
- Heat oil in cast iron pan and add cumin seeds. Once it begins to crackle, add diced onions and saute followed by potatoes and mixed veggies. Add salt and fry veggies on medium flame.
- Add biryani masala and mix well.
- Add cooked quinoa to the veggie mix and stir well to mix the spices.
- Serve warm with raita/dip !