Adapted the recipe from One Pot One Shot method developed by Rama Krishnan
- Karelas (Bitter Gourd) - 4-5 medium size- slit and de-seeded. Rub some salt on the inside and keep it aside.
- Stuffing - Chopped onion 1 cup, garam masala, amchur (dry mango powder), red chilli powder, coriander powder, ground fennel seed and salt
- Thread to tie the karelas
- Oil - 3 tbsp + 3 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup (optional)
- Saute stuffing mix in 3 tbsp oil and keep aside to cool. You could totally skip the saute' step and use raw onions.
- Rinse the salt from the karelas and stuff the onion mix.
- Tie thread around the stuffed karelas
- Heat oil in 3 liter cooker and arrange kareals (Add water if needed).
- Pressure cook on high heat for 5 minutes 2 whistles.
- Release pressure immediately.
- Additional step: I prefer my bharwa karelas charred, so I cook in open pan to char it from all the sides.