Adapted the recipe from One Pot One Shot method developed by Rama Krishnan of the One Page Cookbooks fame.
I have made few changes to to the recipe to suit my outcome. I have omitted the addition of water as veggies grown in my area of the world are high in moisture, hence no extra water needed to generate steam. Also I chop veggies little bigger than suggested as to maintain the crunch required in the recipe.
Paneer - 125g
Mixed vegetables - 100 g
(carrot, capsicum, de-seeded tomatoes)
Sliced onion - 1 cup
Oil - 2+3 tsp
Kasoori methi - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ginger- garlic paste - 2 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup (optional)
- Mix paneer, mixed veggie, all the spices and t tsp oil and keep it aside
- Heat 3 tsp oil in 3 liter pressure cooker and add sliced onion and stir for 2 minutes
- Now add the paneer mixture. Add 1/4 cup water if you think the veggies will burn. I don't add water.
- Pressure cook on high heat for 5 minutes (2 whistles)
- Release pressure and stir the contents.
- If the veggies have released extra water, dry it by cooking further in open pan on high heat.
Disclaimer: This is not OPOS in true sense as I cook in 2 step because of extra drying step.
Follow the video for visual OPOS recipe: