Boiled eggs - 4
Onions - 1
Tomatoes - 1.5
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Garlic - 4-5 cloves
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1.5 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Grate or chop tomatoes and onions and keep them separately
- Prick boiled eggs and shallow fry and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to hot oil.
- Add chopped ginger/garlic mixture, stir to keep it from burning
- Add chopped onions, salt and cook till its pinkish brownish.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and cook the mixture till it starts to lose oil
- Add turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder and cook the entire mixture for 30 seconds.
- Now add boiled eggs and mix to coat the egg with masala.
- Add 1 cup water and cook with closed lid for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with steamed rice.