Cauliflower - 1 medium size.
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onions - 1 medium, sliced
Red bell pepper - 1 medium, sliced.
Salt to taste
Yogurt - 1 cup
Garlic paste - 1 tsp. Chop and grind fresh.
Ginger - 1 tsp. Chop and grind fresh.
Green chili or red chili powder - if using fresh green chili, grind it along with ginger and garlic.
Kasoori methi - 1-1.5 tsp
Tandoori powder - 1 -2 tsp. I use MDH brand.
Lemon juice - half lemon juice (optional)
Tumeric - 1 tsp
Besan (gram flower) - 1 tsp
- Cut cauliflower into medium size florets. Par boil the pieces and strain excess water. I sometimes add some turmeric powder while I boil the cauliflowers. It gives a nice yellow color.
- Mix ingredients under marinade and add it to par boiled cauliflowers. Keep the marinated mixture in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- While the cauliflowers is soaking the flavors of the marinade, slice bell peppers and onions.
- Heat vegetable oil and add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Saute sliced onions and bell pepper. Make sure the pepper and onions are not thinly sliced.
- Once the peppers are just cooked (not mushy) add the marinated cauliflower. Mix gently and cook covered on medium heat. The marinade will loose water and its OK.
- Cook uncovered till vegetables are cooked. Add salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy with roti, rice or paratha !
Recipe source - Tarla Dalal