1 bag of spinach - blanch and puree
Onion - 1 medium, chopped
Garlic - 3 pods
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Green chili - optional
Cloves - 3-4
Green cardamom - 1-2 , ground
salt to taste
Rice - 2.5cups
Cooking oil or ghee
- Puree spinach in a blender.
- Wash rice very gently with water. Drain any excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seed and water for it to crackle.
- Add the green cardamom, cloves, bay leaf.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute and then add chopped onions.
- Once onions are translucent, add spinach paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the end add washed rice, mix everything and pressure cook till one whistle.
- Turn off the stove and leave the cooker to release the pressure by itself.
- Once done, fluff the rice with a fork and serve with your favorite curry or daal