All purpose flour - 1-3/4 cup
Granulated sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Cocoa powder (unsweetened) - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Mix all dry ingredients using a hand whisker or pass it through a sieve at least 2 times. This will incorporate air in the mixture.
Eggs - 2 medium size
Ripe bananas - 3
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Butter, unsalted - 1/2 cup
Walnuts - 1/2 cup
Chocolate chip - 1/2 cup
Raisins - 1/2 cup
- Pre-heat over at 350 F. Grease the bottom and sides of 9x5x3 loaf pan and set aside.
- Toast walnuts on stove top and chop coarsely.
- Combine walnuts, chocolate chips and some flour. This will prevent them from sinking in the batter.
- Lightly beat eggs. Preferably eggs should be brought to room temperature. I have used straight from the fridge and results are OK.
- Add mashed bananas, melted butter, vanilla extract and mix gently using a wooden spatula or electronic mixer.
- Fold in dry ingredients. The batter will be thick and chunky. I used hand mixer to blend the ingredients. It is recommended to use wooden or rubber spatula to prevent over mixing. Over mixing can result in elastic bread.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Scrape the mixture in baking pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on wire rack and slice into pieces.
- Serve warm with coffee !