Till now, I have been using rice cooker for just cooking rice. Recently I learnt that one cook toor daal (lentil soup), daal makhani and rice kheer. Since, dessert is my weakness, I thought I should start with rice kheer.
Rice - 1/2 cup
Whole milk - 1.5 cups + more
Raisins - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Ghee (clarified butter oil) - 1/2 tsp
- Rinse rice with water. Drain excess water and put rice in the slow cooker.
- Pour all the milk and turn on the rice cooker and cover the lid.
- It is important to stir kheer from to time to time.
- Add sugar.
- You may need to add more milk as the milk concentrates before the rice is cooked.
- Once the rice cooked in milk turn off the switch.
- Heat ghee in a laddle. When hot add the raisins and cook on low heat till raising loook golden and pour the mixture in the kheer.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder and serve cold or warm