I have perfected baking chocolate cake (with eggs) and can whip an awesome cake anytime :) I was looking for egg-less chocolate cake for very long time and my search ended when I googled for it. There are numerous recipes out there and most of them are pretty much the same. Hence my recipe is no different. Try it out, you wont be disappointed. This recipe is a keeper.
Ingredients:All purpose flour - 1.5 cups
Cocoa powder - 3.5 tbsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1/4 cup
White vinegar - 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
- Pre-heat oven 350 degree Fahrenheit and line the 8x8 inch baking pan
- Sieve all the dry ingredients (excluding sugar) at least 3 times
- Whisk together oil, sugar, white vinegar, water and vanilla
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix gently [the batter will be runny] (I baked this cake again today, June 26, 2011 and accidentally dumped dry and wet ingredient in the same bowl and whisked it together and my cake was awesome ! so you can combine step 3 and 4 )
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes or when the inserted tooth pick comes out clean
- Cool the cake on a cooling rack and enjoy !