Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) - 15-20 pieces
Thick yogurt - 4-5 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Dry spice powder:
Chaat masala - 1-1.5 tsp
Red chillie powder
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Tandoori masala (optional)
Cubed veggies - onion, bell peppers, zucchini, squash
Metal or wooden skewers
- Cube paneer pieces and keep it aside (recipe here)
- Combine all the spices, ginger-garlic paste and yogurt.
- Cover the paneer pieces with the above yogurt mixture.Marinate it by keeping it covered in fridge for at least 2 hours
- Grease the skewers and arrange marinated paneer pieces and cubbed veggies on them (for wooden skewers, please soak them in water for 30 minutes before using. This will prevent charring of the wood)
- Heat regular griddle or a stove top grill pan, sprinkle some oil and arrange the skewers on them and cook till the veggies and paneer gets brown spots
- Keep changing the sides for even cooking of all sides.
- Once done, sprinkle some lime juice and serve with plain yellow rice. Pair it with raita of your choice.
Check out the raitas to go with this dish :