Eggs - 2, large
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Vegetable oil for cooking
Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
Chopped tomatoes - half, small, chopped
Chopped green chillies
Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp or more
Salt - to taste
Grated cheese - optional
- First prepare semi soft dough from wheat flour with some water. Keep the dough covered.
- Beat eggs, add all chopped ingredient, salt and spices
- Pinch a tennis ball size dough, roll it into a small disc shape. Smear some oil and sprinkle flour and fold it into half. Again smear some oil followed by sprinkling some flour. Fold it again to form small triangle. Roll it again to larger size of the triangle [remember to roll it gently at this point as you will need to separate the layers for filling]
- Heat tawa [griddle], brush some oil and place the rolled triangular paratha for 20 sec. Flip it to other side and wait till it starts to puff.
- Now with the help of butterknife carefully open up the top layer of paratha to form pocket. Pour in a small quantity of egg mixture into it and let it cook for sometime. Sprinkle more oil.The egg mixture will begin to settle. Very gently flip the paratha to the other side [do it very carefully as you don't want to spill the entire egg mixture]. Cook parathas until the egg is cooked.
- Serve it hot with Ketchup