This is my second attempt with Lasgna and each time its getting better. This recipe was passed by a friend, made a teeny tiny change and here it is for you to savor :)
Ingredients:No boil Lasagna noodles
Tomato-basil [aka. Marinara] Sauce - 1 bottle [store bought or home-cooked]
Italian herbs, oregano herbs, basil herbs - fresh or dried
Zucchini, carrots, broccoli - 1-1.5 cups, chopped
Ricotta cheese - 5-6 tbsp
Spinach - fresh or frozen - 1/2 cup[frozen] or 1 cup [fresh]
Salt and Pepper
Sugar - optional
- Adjusted the taste and consistency of store bought marinara sauce by adding more salt, sugar, dried herbs and water. Warm the sauce to blend the contents and keep it aside .
- Thaw frozen spinach in a microwave or just run it under water. Squeeze excess water and mix with ricotta cheese. Add salt, pepper and some dried herbs and let it it sit.
Arranging the lasagna:
- Take the baking dish [mine is 8'x8'], pour 2-3 scoops of marinara sauce. Place the 2 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of it and again top it with sauce
- Now add 2 dollops of ricotta-spinach mixture and spread it evenly followed by uncooked chopped veggies and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layers and finish with 3 lasagna strips with remaining sauce and cheese
- Cover the pan with foil and bake it for 45-60 minutes.You will know when its baked when it sno longer runny and can be easily pierced with knife. Remove the foil and let it bake in the oven for another 5 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving
- I like to serve it with garden fresh salad and Pomegranate Cider...ENJOY !!!
- Use ample amount of sauce else the pasta comes out dry and crispy
- You can also use Parmesan - mozzarella cheese mix
- Add other veggies like mushrooms, onions or squash
- "Easy Veggie ......." contest held by Oraphan