HAPPY DIWALI !!!!This year for Diwali I made diyas [Diwali lights] at home!! They came out pretty nice ! I prepared it very simple but you can get creative by painting, glue small mirrors , beads and other stuff.
Here is how I prepared:
Whole wheat flour
Water-just enough to prepare the dough
Food color - yellow [optional]
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degree Fahrenheit. Line the baking tray/dish with un-greased foil
- Combine flour, water and color in a bowl to prepare little stiff dough
- Pinch out small balls from the dough and shape it into diyas
- Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes [during the process I gradually increased the baking temperature to 300]
- Cool diyas at room temperature
- The diyas should feel little hard, if not just leave it in the sun
- Roll out some cotton wool to make wick, add some oil and light your Diya !!!
- While preparing the dough you can add some fresh petals to add beautiful pattern
- During baking, one of my diya's base puffed like chapati, it can happen to you too... just ignore it