Seviyan Kheer [Sweet Vermicelli Pudding]

"Seviyan" normally reminds me of festive celebrations in India. This is one dessert which does not require lot of effort and can be whipped out in no time. This is an easy recipe which does not require condense milk. The starch of the vermicelli provides the required consistency


Ingredients:

Vermicelli [Seviyan] - 1/2 cups
Whole milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 3-4 Tbsp
Raisins, Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Pure Ghee [Clarified butter] - 1 tsp

Method:

Heat pure ghee in a pan and fry vermicelli until they are light brown color and keep it aside
In the same pan fry raisins and cashew nuts and keep them aside

Bring milk to boil. Reduce the heat and add vermicelli and keep stirring in between
Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the vermicelli turns soft

Add sugar, raisins, cashew nuts and cardamom powder

Serve hot or cold

Note:
On cooling if the pudding thickens add more milk for desired consistency


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sending this recipe to the following events:

Fall in Love [FIL] - Milk
hosted by Sanghi . Since I prepared this for Janamashtami, I have dedicated this recipe to My Self !!


Janmashtami & Ganesh Chaturthi event hosted by Purva


Sweets and Savouries hosted by Sara !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Comments

Renus Kitchen said…
@ PRITI of Indian Khana....I am trying to leave comments on ur blog...for some reason does not show???
Unknown said…
I like this semiya payasam very much, neat click!
Parita said…
Looks delicious, lovely click !
Priya Suresh said…
Wow gorgeous..just love this kheer..
Unknown said…
Delicious dish, would love to have it now.
Indian Khana said…
Hmm hehe ..so cute..I hav no idea wht's wrong with blogger !! Thanks for visiting dear..and coming back to Seviyan wow...nice click..
This is one of my fav kheers. Looks yummo
Unknown said…
Nice kheer.. looks yummyyyyy
Deepti said…
My son jus love this...nice pic.
Mouthwatering..I love this kheer, its easy and tastes great.
Madhavi said…
Kheer looks delicious!!
Anonymous said…
pls do collet the 'FABULOUS BLOG AWARD' from my blog dear
Purva Desai said…
Rich and creamy dessert.....thank you for the delicious entry for the event
Deepti said…
Hey Renu, do visit my blog...there is an award for u.
http://dipskitchen.blogspot.com